Wednesday 14 November 2012

The TRUTH ABOUT LIVING ABROAD.

Hi there Germany, Ireland, Sierra leone, UK, India, America, Canada and Nigeria!
Today at the Library, i struck up a conversation with an Indian Guy who studied Computer networking in Ontario, he seemed bright, smart and intelligent. I was very amazed when he told me ( In that rich accent) that 'honestly, i want to go back home, but i cant" i was only pretending to study anyways, so i was very interested in the gist. (You see i am an international student and i was a pharmacist back home, i had a brand new car and a driver, i was very comfortable in my own right, so coming to Canada wasn't a move to have a better life, i had a great one, i came here to explore and i hoped to immigrate if i loved it!).
he went on to tell me how he paid a 14 k dollars tuition via loans and how he hasn't found any jobs almost 1 year after his graduation, he moved to Winnipeg because its cheap to live here and its a bit easier to get his papers here via the MNPP and he currently flips burgers at Mcdonalds and he has been doing that full time for weeks now, he submits about 20 -25 CVs online every month and on the weekends submits his CV in several retail stores.
The thing is there are several job vacancies for some fields in Canada but it seems international Students/Immigrants don't seem to get them.
That scares the hell out of me, after all i am an international student and its not like am some genius that has discovered the cure to AIDS. there is extra pressure on International Students like me to get a job because unless we get these jobs,we wont qualify to immigrate here. (Deep SIGH). Am i extra confident that i would get a job here after finishing school next year April? Well i am sure of that maybe 5 days in a week and 18 hrs a day.the days i meet my New India friend and strike up conversations like that, i feel bleak like all hope is lost. My mum is a single mum because i lost my dad and she paid my 13 k Tuition fee.Everyone in my family is rooting for me, even though they aren't pressuring me, i have always being the best, i have never known failure and things always work out my way. I want to have a good life and have an entry level job in a QC lab or Pharma industry or Cosmeceuticals or any Life Sciences.I want to be a part of team dedicated to ensuring that products are not released for manufacture or sale until it conforms with specifications, i want to go back to Uni of Winnipeg after 2 years on the field and get my Bio-sciences MSc, hopefully on Student loans and eventually my Phd and be one of the best instructors to the teeming population of young scientists..I want my husband to come here and get a good job and i want my kids to grow up here, so that they can be all the things that i never knew existed.I want to live in Winnipeg or maybe Steinbach, or maybe anywhere in Canada.
I just want the good life...is it achievable???Ofcours.My friends think i am crazy when i get angry for scoring 89.2%.I want to score a 100%, because that is a factor i can control.I have attended countless workshops on resume and interview skills and am mentally preparing myself for the Canadian workplace.I am trying to be the best student i can be, and i strongly believe this Quote "If you do your best, at ever possible time, i mean ever tiny possible time, soon enough they would ask you how you achieved the impossible"Most Days i believe i am going to have a beautiful career and those are Great days, the days i don't, i think about my friend who is also an international student and works as a Geologist here and i know that if he could do it!Then so can i!I am going to be a Professional here and live the American Dream!!YES I CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment